You’ll forever ditch the store bought mushroom sauce once you try this! This 5 ingredient mushroom sauce is rich and decadent, but most importantly, simple.
20 minutes and 1 pot seems worthy of such a delicious sauce doesn't it? Our mushroom sauce recipe goes great with pasta, served over meat (pork, steak, chicken), baked potatoes or even french fries.
Most ingredients you’ll have in your pantry. It’s simple to make but adds serious flavour to whatever you’re cooking.
You can liven up any boring meat recipe or pasta with the wonderful mushroom sauce flavour.
This mushroom sauce keeps in the fridge for 4-5 days. It freezes well for 6 months.
- 10 medium sized fresh white or brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp flour (any type works)
- 1 cup organic mushroom broth (or substitute chicken or beef bone broth)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until golden and soft, 5-10 minutes.
- Add flour and organic mushroom broth to your pan.
- Stir / gently whisk until your flour roux is thickened and mixed well (1-2 min).
- Bring to simmer.
- When gravy is at desired consistency, remove from heat (it will thicken slightly as it cools).