Dear Future Entrepreneurial Superstar
Are you an ambitious student or recent graduate? Are you in high demand but looking for a unique opportunity? Do you want to start your own company but you're not sure where to begin?
Here's the sad reality, schools these days get a lot of criticism about leaving graduates with too much debt and not enough job opportunities. In reality, they should be criticized for leaving graduates without the skills to build their own company.
Bluebird Provisions is North America's premier organic bone broth brand. We sell online and at grocery stores in Canada and the USA. We are a small, distributed team located in Vancouver.
We are looking for part-time help in our fulfillment and direct to consumer operations in Vancouver, BC. The ideal candidate is physically active and looking for part-time work with the possibility to learn other skills and develop into different roles within our company. You share a passion for natural food, movement and sustainable living. You will treat bluebird Provisions as your own.
You are independent, self-motivated, and very comfortable working unsupervised. You have a passion for active living, and a desire to help grow a business. You also have a vehicle (car or bigger) and can manage facilitating short trips to fulfill orders between warehouse and shipping locations (UPS, Canada Post, etc). Include the words “pink Cadillac,” in your email to apply.
In terms of duties, you will be running our fulfillment operations. Initially the position requires 8-16 hours a week, but there are opportunities to expand these hours for the right candidate.
You’ll work out of our small fulfillment facility in Kitsilano. Compensation (to be discussed with Connor) will be above industry standards and based on your experience.
JOB TITLE: Fulfillment Coordinator at Bluebird Provisions
LOCATION: Vancouver, BC
REPORTS TO: Connor (Founder)
HOURS REQUIRED: ~8-12 hours per week
Monday or Tuesday: 7am-1pm
Tuesday or Wednesday 10am-2pm
COMPENSATION: Above Industry Standards, To Be Discussed
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF FULFILLMENT COORDINATOR(scroll for details):
- Running our fulfillment center
- Picking and packing our ecommerce orders and preparing them to be shipped.
- Packing boxes based on specific specifications to ship our bone broth to customers across Canada.
- Lifting 20-30 pound boxes up and down a flight of 20 stairs.
- Preparing shipping manifests and labels from our courier partners
- Keeping our fulfillment centre stocked (ordering packaging supplies and more product from our suppliers and storage warehouse)
- Sourcing (new) packaging materials when needed (working with new suppliers)
- Ensuring our fulfillment centre is a well-kept, safe and tidy work environment.
- Being available to meet our courier partners for pick ups.
- Loading and driving boxes from our fulfillment centre to courier locations (UPS, Canada Post, etc).
- Weekly inventory reports to Connor
- Weekly check-ins with Connor
Education & Experience
- Driver’s License and vehicle
- Has personal laptop or access to computer and printer
- High-school Education
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Physically strong or able to lift 20-30 pound boxes up and down stairs
- Strong with numbers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, can-do attitude in stressful situations
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Proficient in Apple software
- Strong organizational skills
If interested, please email to: email@example.com your resume, three professional references (name and phone number) and a quick explanation about why you’re the right person for the job. You must use the following subject line in your email “Bluebird’s best new hire”.