How to Make Gummy Bears
If you think sugar free gummy bears will not satisfy your sweet tooth, think again. These sugar free gummy bears satisfy your cravings and are made in 15 minutes.
Have you tried making gummy bears at home?
I have, and they were less than stellar. Most recipes recommend that you use drink crystals or jello that are both full of sugar.
If you or a family member enjoy sweets, then this recipe is for you. These gummy bears are simple, taste amazing and are full of collagen protein from bone broth and gelatin.
But where does the flavour and colour come from? Herbal teas and the right type of sweetener, my friend.
Monkfruit sweetener gives these gummy bears a tart and sweet taste. You can substitute other non-sugar sweeteners for monkfruit as well.
You can experiment with different types of tea to get the flavour you like.
- 2 bags herbal fruit tea (raspberry flavour works great)
- 2/3 cup hot boiling organic chicken bone broth
- 3 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
- 1/4 cup monkfruit sweetener (or your low carb sugar substitute of choice)
- 1 tsp pure fruit extract (raspberry)
- Steep tea bags in boiling bone broth for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze tea out of tea bags and discard bags.
- Pour bone broth tea into small saucepan.
- Whisk gelatin and sweetener into bone broth tea.
- Heat and stir gelatin mixture on medium heat until liquid is thin and there are no gelatin clumps.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in fruit extract.
- Pour into silicone molds.
- Place filled molds into refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove gummy bears from mold.
- Store sugar free gummy bears in the refrigerator.
- Makes 24 gummy bears.
- You can use any flavoured herbal tea and flavour extract.
- If you’re using a different sweetener to monkfruit, then check the conversion to ensure you don’t use too much.
Serving: 4 gummy bears | Calories: 20 | Fat: 0 g | Carbohydrates: 0 g | Protein: 5 g