This keto BBQ sauce recipe will blow your mind. It’s smokey, sweet and tangy, all in one homemade bbq sauce.
BBQ sauce is a game-changer for any dish. Now you can upgrade next bbq or dinner with a whole food, healthy bbq sauce. You’ll be shocked at how quick and easy keto BBQ sauce is to make.
Some store-bought BBQ sauces, while delicious, are full of sugar and additives. Sugar is used as a preservative and a sweetener. While it makes foods taste great, large amounts are not great for your health.
You can buy low sugar or keto bbq sauce in stores, but they are often full of sugar alcohols or nasty sweeteners that wreak havoc on your digestive system.
At this point you may be thinking: sugar free is usually code for bland. Nobody wants bland food. Food should be enjoyed.
What you gain for 5 minutes or your time is a smokey, sweet and tangy bbq sauce. This sauce will keep in the fridge so you can make large batches to use throughout your day. It is great as a dip or sauce on anything you cook.
You simply whisk together all ingredients in a saucepan and you have a flavourful BBQ sauce for dipping, marinating or grilling.
- 1 cup Organic Beef Bone Broth (if you want to make your own, try this recipe here)
- 2 small cans of Tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Monkfruit sweetener (to taste; or any sweetener of choice)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Liquid hickory smoke
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce is slightly thick (longer if you prefer a thicker sauce).
- Pour into a clean air tight container and enjoy!
- Refrigerate for up to 14 days.