Mental health is difficult to keep in check as a solo business owner and founder.
At times there's no one to share the immense stress and burden.
It's just me (Connor) staring at dwindling bank accounts, lost inventory and the ever-present anxiety of the grind.
I shared some tools I use to get through my anxiety and depression on The Story of a Brand Show with Ramon Vela.
Listen to the Interview
Here's a few things you'll learn:
- How my athletic injury sparked a discovery of a little-known food product.
- How a longtime battle with anxiety and depression led him to become a more balanced human being.
- The importance of developing a "toolbox" of strategies to deal with personal and professional challenges.
- How the pandemic caused a near standstill in retail sales, forcing Bluebird to pivot to online DTC sales.
- The challenges of developing a shelf-stable version of the product.
- The discovery that the DTC version of the product also helped retail reception